Skip to content
1. The Skill Of Centering The Decimal Point In Excel.
- First, open an Excel file, we can see all the data in column D, the numbers are automatically centered, and the decimal point is not centered.
- Select all the number cells, click the right mouse button to pop up a menu, and click the Format Cells… or Set Cell Format menu item to open the Format Cells dialog box.
- Click the Number tab in the format cells dialog box, then click the Custom item in the Category list, and input ‘??????.??????’ in the Type input textbox.
- Click the OK button to save the changes.
- Now you can find all the existing numbers are center-aligned by the decimal point.
- When you input a new decimal number, it will also be aligned with all the existing numbers by the decimal point.